this should be simple to change. make sure I mark which color wire comes out of the L,1,2,3 slot and it should work. problem is it doesn't. anyone else have any experience with replacing a ceiling fan speed switch and what am I doing wrong?
this should be simple to change. make sure I mark which color wire comes out of the L,1,2,3 slot and it should work. problem is it doesn't. anyone else have any experience with replacing a ceiling fan speed switch and what am I doing wrong?
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Of all the ceiling fan installations I've done it had 4 wires: black, white, blue, and green. Green is ground which usually has a screw on some metal part to screw it to. Black goes to black. And the white and the blue both go to white. I hope this helps. If not, hopefully somebody else will be able to.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
thanks but from the main unit I have 4 wires that go into the fan speed switch (the pull chain). the wires jut plug into the switch. I have an orange, yellow, black and purple. I swear I wrote down the correct way they came out my old switch but it will not do anything.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Oh, you're just doing that switch. Sorry. I misunderstood. I looked around and found some info. I hope you can find what you need from one of these.
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electri...tch-10459.html
http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/messages/5281.html
http://www.do-it-yourself-help.com/w...eilingfan.html
http://www.wiringhelp.com/electrical...ay-switch.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_5641549_wire...an-switch.html
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
thanks, will try some stuff later today or tomorrow
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Bookmarks